How can I help my child develop their handwriting?
You can help by asking your child these questions:
- Are all the letters the same size?
- Are all the down stroke parallel?
- Are the height and length of ascenders and descenders regular?
- Is the space between words even?
- Is the writing a reasonable size?
- Could your presentation be improved?
For fluent writers extend skills by:
- Encouraging children to evaluate their own and others' writing.
- Attempt to write faster retaining fluency and legibility
- Setting time challenges for each other.